Stewards are fellow members in the union and a valuable resources. Stewards, in partnership with and with the support the Executive:
- investigate, write, and file grievances on behalf of members.
- help to solve problems outside the grievance procedure.
- ensure good communication between the members and the executive.
- educate members about the collective agreement, about the union’s role in the workplace – and about important social issues.
- stand up as a strong ally with members from equality-seeking groups.
- mobilize members to support the union’s role in bargaining, to attend public rallies, etc..
- act as a mediator when members are in conflict with each other.
- help a member get accommodation or return to work after an injury or illness.
CUPE 410 stewards represent the members and protect the rights won in the collective agreement.
Who are your Stewards
- Art Gallery (1): Emma Hammill
- Bruce Hutchison: Alannah Borg
- Central (1): Aaron Thom
- Central (2): Sally Winters
- Central Saanich: vacant
- Emily Carr: Melissa Worobel
- Esquimalt: Lisa Beauchemin
- Goudy / Langford: Jessica Johnson
- sxʷeŋxʷəŋ təŋəxʷ James Bay : Martin Brooks
- Juan de Fuca/CaTS: Vacant
- Nellie McClung: Marianne Baatz
- Oak Bay: Vacant
- Saanich Centennial: Vacant
Links & Resources