The Union Management Committee met via conference call this morning.
It was a positive meeting:
- The employer will continue to pay employees, as per the previous email from P&C
- Employees will be notified in advance of any changes to the current state.
- Concerns from part-time staff regarding additional hours will be addressed by P&C
- Communication from the CEO and P&C will be sent out shortly—next few days to personal emails
- CEO messages will be weekly
- Joint (GVPL/Union) messaging will be posted to the local website
Much of the information that management is working with is changing by the day and by the hour, which is why at this time, we cannot provide you with more information.
As mentioned in an earlier post: In this extraordinary time, please remember that we have access to EFAP to help us with strategies to cope with uncertainty: https://livewell.optum.com/defaultGlobal.asp?programPIN=healthy&redirectURL=/member/default.asp
Please take care of each other by following the recommendations from our Health Minister, Dr Bonnie Henry.
In Solidarity, Fatima